OpenBox is a light , stable and fast X window manager for X desktop environments. and also it is default window manager for LXDE desktop environment. if you want to change Linux Mint 13 Mate window manager to OpenBox follow these steps:
- Install "openbox" package from package manager.
- In a terminal type "mateconf-editor"
- In configuration editor tree go to "/desktop/mate/session/required_components/windowmanager" and replace "marco" with "openbox".
- Open Startup Applications from mint menu, and add a new startup program "OpenBox" with command "openbox --replace".
- now restart your machine.
- in your first login you may face a session error dialogue, click on the "ok" button in the dialogue and then in the login page change your session to "mate"
- after login you can go to the "Openbox Configuration Manager" program for further configuration.
have a nice time.